Upon the request of many of our readers and cruise guests in general, we are happy to announce Tuscanybus.com company are introducing a new service starting July 2019: a low budget bus transfer from La Spezia to Pisa and Lucca!
If you have explored our website already you must have read about Tuscanybus.com and their great services that combine the comfort and safety of a private tour with the affordable prices of exploring the ports of call by bus or train, on your own.
Each season just through our website hundreds of cruisers book their seats on one of their low budget tours that you can read more about on our following pages:
And now you can do the same with Pisa and Lucca if your cruise ship docks in La Spezia.
If you have already been to Florence and want to spend your day exploring these two Tuscan jewels at a slower pace, this is such a great opportunity for you.
If you have done a little bit of research of your options online, you will have seen that shore excursions to Pisa and Luca from La Spezia range anywhere from $167 p.p. for bigger groups to 550 for two people driven around in a limo, accompanied with a private guide. You can imagine how happy we are to introduce you to the Tuscanybus service that will cost you only € 38 p.p. and leave hundreds of euros in your pockets to spend on a good meal or souvenirs.
If you don't insist on having a tour guide by your side all the time but would appreciate a local assistant on the way to your destination, giving you maps, tips on the best sights to see, shops and restaurants and taking care you didn't miss your transfer to the next stop, you will love Tuscanybus' low cost transfer from La Spezia to Pisa and Lucca.
So here's the exact itinerary of this self-guided shore excursion:
· First you will take a free port shuttle from your ship to the terminal building in La Spezia. This is where the Tuscanybus representative will be waiting for you with a sign 'Tuscanybus'
· You will present your reservation confirmation that you can obtain directly from the company by contacting them through the contact form available at the bottom of this page
· Tuscanybus bus will leave La Spezia at 9.30am and head to Pisa first. It will reach Pisa in approximately 60 minutes and drop you off at the parking called Pietrasantina. From there you will walk for about 700 meters to the Miracle Square. You will have 2 hours to spend in Pisa.
· At 12.30 your Tuscanybus transfer coach leaves to Lucca and reaches this quaint little town in about 30 minutes. It will drop you off near the city walls, at Porta S. Maria. You will have 3 and a half hours to spend in Lucca.
· Departure from Lucca to La Spezia is at 4.30 p.m. and you will reach the port in about 60 minutes.
Our friends from Tuscanybus recommend wearing smart, comfortable, seasonal clothing that is weather appropriate along with comfortable walking shoes. For those wishing to visit any churches, remember that shoulders must be covered.
· € 38 for grownups and children older than 9
· € 25 children (2-8 years, disabled passengers with ID card, crew),
· free for infant 0-1 year
What's Included in the price:
· Comfortable journey with GT coach and air condition
· Free map and emergency number
· Free wi-fi
· Assistance on board and at the bus stop (Spanish and English), 24h emergency number
Please keep in mind that your cruise ship will most likely not be the only one in La Spezia on the day of your arrival. And there is only one coach available for the low budget service from La Spezia to Pisa and Lucca.
So if you want to avoid any dissapointments or having to take super-expensive taxies when you get off the gangway that morning, shoot the Tuscanybus an email right now to secure your seats on their coach.
Make sure you fill in your email address, some people do skip that field in the form and there is no way the agency can get in touch with you if you do.
In the message make sure you let them know:
· The date of your arrival
· The ship name
· How many people are there in your party
Keeping my fingers crossed you get the seats for your tour and happy cruising!