Venice Italy Tours for Cruisers - Venice Excursions
"Venice Italy Tours
for those staying in Venice before or
after the cruise can be more affordable than those you can buy onboard!"
If you have been to
Venice before, you decided to stay in Venice city for a day or two before of after your
Europe cruise or have an overnight stay in Venice as part of Mediterranean
cruise ship's itinerary, you will have more time and more options when it comes
to Venice sightseeing. And you've come to the right page if you need some help
making the most of it and booking some Venice Italy tours.
That's because on this page
we will recommend Venice Italy tours for those that have already seen the top Venice
sights like Piazza San Marco, Basilica
di San Marco, Doges palace, Bridge of Sighs, Venice Grand Canal, caffe Florian
Venice, Rialto bridge in Venice or plan to see them on their own during their
However, if you only
have a short time in Venice and still need to master the top Venice sights, you will
want to visit our page Venice excursions.
Venice Italy tours: from the airport to central Venice
If you will be staying in a Venice hotel for a few nights, by now you have, we assume, organized your transport from the airport to central Venice. If not, there are two ways to do it:
1) On your own: by means of a Venice water taxi, Venice vaporetto or a regular land Venice taxi.
2) With organized Venice transport that will pick you up wherever it suits you.
Venice Italy Tours: Getting from Venice cruise terminal to hotels
The same when it comes to getting from the Marittima Venice cruise terminal to your Venice hotel or vice versa:
- You can look for a Venice water taxi or Venice vaporetto on your own, right there on the spot (quite of an ordeal with your luggage) and thousand of passengers doing the same)
- Or you can book your Venice transportation ahead and have a hassle free day.
Venice Italy tour and shore excursions
Now that we have made sure you have arranged your getting in and out of Venice city, let's see what Venice Italy tours recommendations are there for spending your time in Venice.
And if you happened to miss our Venice tours page, we need to point out these tours are recommended by Viator, the agency that ensures their Venice Italy tours prices are 100% guaranteed to be lower than the ones you would pay when booking through your cruise line.
San Pietro Martire church, Murano Venice
1) Private Tour: Murano, Burano & Torcello (4 hrs)
- This tour is very similar to Murano, Burano & Torcello Half Day Tour recommended on our Venice excursions page but the difference is that here you get personalized attention of your tour guide as you are the only one on the tour which makes the world of a difference
- You will be taken to see how Murano glass is made, have a chance to shop for some spectacular pieces (our favourite are chandeliers!), then see the quaint and colourful Burano with its famous lace and Venice's first church on Torcello.
- The tour guide can pick you up at your centrally located Venice hotel
- See more info, the reviews, check the departure times and the departure point, check availability and make a booking here:Private Tour: Murano, Burano & Torcello
2. Venice Ghost Walking (1hr 30 min)
- This night time tour makes it
possible for you to see spooky courtyards and dark alleyways you would
never find on your own
- The passionate and
enthusiastic local tour guide will share some gruesome and mysterious
stories with you
- Definitely lets you
experience something different from the usual touristy sights
- Just a perfect acitivity
before you head for a late dinner of watching the battle of the orchestras
in St Mark's square
- Starts at Rialto bridge
- See more Venice Italy tours info, the reviews, check the departure times and the departure point, check availability and make a booking here: Venice Ghost Walking
3) Venice by Night Tour and Gondola Ride (2 hrs)
- Looking to spend some
romantic time in Venice with that special someone? This tour will be a perfect
surprise for them!
- This tour includes a romantic
walk through the areas of Venice not normally covered by tour books and a
40 min Venice gondola ride perfect for admiring the palaces and sights
illuminated by night
- Starts at Rialto bridge
- See more info, the reviews, check the departure times and the departure point, check availability and make a booking here:Venice by Night Tour and Gondola Ride
4) Experience Venice: Learn How to Make a Venetian Mask
(2 hrs 30 min)
- This tour is great for kids,
teenagers and adults
- Not only do you get a lecture
on how real Venetian masks are made (not those made in China you will see
sold on stands everywhere) but you also get to paint one and keep it as a
souvenir (perfect for your cruise ship carneval night)
- For many people this is one
of the highlights of their stay in Venice
- Starts at Rialto bridge
- See more info, the reviews, check the departure times and the departure point, check availability and make a booking here: Experience Venice: Learn How to Make a Venetian Mask
5) Venice Photography Walking Tour: A Day in Life of Venice
(3 hrs 30 min)
- Do you dream of taking home
some really great shots of Venice? Some you could even put up on the wall?
No problem, take your camera and book for your private photograpy lesson
with Venice as your classroom.
- This tour is hosted by an
expert photographer that will make you max out on your camera and teach
you how to catch some spontaneous moments of everyday life in Venice
- See more Venice Italy tours info, the reviews, check the departure times and the departure point, check availability and make a booking here: Venice Photography Walking Tour: A Day in Life of Venice
6) Veneto Small Group Wine Tasting (5 hrs)
- If you'd really like to make
most of your time in Venice and see not only Venice sights but venture
outside Venice too, this is a tour for you
- You will be taken to a 17th
century villa in a airconditioned van to see how some of the best Veneto
wines are made
- You will get to taste some of
the wines together with some tasty apetizers, get to shop for them and
learn how to combine wine with cheese...now that's something to brag about
to your friends back home!
- See more Venice Italy tours info, the reviews, check the departure times and the departure point, check availability and make a booking here: Veneto Small Group Wine Tasting
Home> Cruise Venice > Venice Honeymoon