Getting from Barcelona Spain airport to cruise terminals by coach transfers, taxis, trains, cruise line organized ground shuttles...
If you are flying to Barcelona El Prat airport to join your Mediterranean cruise ship in Barcelona cruise port, you must be wondering how to get from the Barcelona International airport to your cruise terminal or the city of Barcelona, if you'll be staying in a hotel for a couple of days.
Also, you are probably hoping I would tell you there is some kind of public transportation that will take you from Barcelona Spain Airport straight to the port.
Unfortunately, that is not the case but that doesn't mean getting to your ship is complicated.
If you are going straight to the ship, make sure you know which terminal it is docked at.
The port of Barcelona is quite big, some parts are easy to access on foot from the city centre while for the others you will need a vehicle to get you there. You can read about different terminals in the port in our article Barcelona cruise port.
The ways of reaching the port from Barcelona airport are numerous and they all vary in price, comfort, convenience and speed. Once you have determined which of these factors is most important to you , you can chose from the following:
1) Ok, let's start with the most convenient, for those who like to travel in style without breaking a bank: it's booking one of the private Barcelona airport transfers with reputable companies like Viator. You can read more about those in our article Barcelona airport transfers. Together with taxis, this would be my personal absolute favourite.
2) The next means of transport from Barcelona that is quick and takes you directly to the airport would be taking one of the taxis outside the terminal. Read more about that option in our article Barcelona taxi.
3) And now, one of the most convenient but also most expensive ways of getting to Barcelona cruise port from Barcelona Spain airport: cruise line organized ground transport. For those who can't be bothered to invest a few minutes in reading about or organizing some other way of transport online. Read more in our article Cruise Transfers Barcelona Airport.
The above mentioned ways of transportation will take you straight from the airport to the cruise port.
The following ways of transportation are based on the use of public/private companies mass transport. But they still imply taking a taxi, walking or taking the blue port bus to the cruise port.
4) Taking an Aerobus is also one of the favourites with the cruisers who want to save a few euros and don't mind finding their own way to the cruise terminal from the city centre, read about the advantages and the disadvantages on our page: Coach transfers Barcelona.
5) Taking a train is definitely one of the cheapest way of getting from Barcelona Spain airport to the city centre, especially convenient if you'll be staying in one of the centrally located hotels before your cruise. But do you want to take it if you'll be joining the ship on the same day? Read more in our article: Renfe train.
6) Taking the Public Bus Line 46 definitely is the cheapest way of getting from the Barcelona Spain airport to the city centre, but once again, you will have to figure out how to get from the bus station to the port on your own. Read more about the public bus on our page Coach transfers Barcelona.
Now I've given you something to think about! ;)
Back to Barcelona Travel Guide
Do you have a great story about this? Have you been to this port of call? Have tried out any of the shore excursions I recommend? Do you have any tips that might help your fellow cruisers? Share them with us!
Hello! My name is Martina and I have been living, working and cruising in the Med for the past 20 years. Now I want to make you Med confident! Read more about me...
4. Capri ferry
10. Livorno Italy
13. Naples to Capri
16. Messina Sicily
17. Pisa Train
18. Visiting Pompeii
19. Pompeii forum
20. Port of Piraeus
22. Venice vaporetto
23. Venice water bus
24. Livorno map
25. Getting to Zadar
27. Walk Venice
28. Mykonos beach
30. Pomepii homes